How to Use New Facebook Analytics Tools for Group Admin?
August 9th, 2017
Facebook recently announced the unlocking of the new analytics features for group admins. It is beneficial for large groups, having millions of members. This tool helps admin to explore potential members so that they can encourage them and utilize their potential to strengthen the group. The data of past 28 days can be viewed.
Community building is the new concept for building a relationship. Facebook communities are very active and are offering amazing support to the Facebook members.
How to analyze the data and use it for decision making?
1. Group Insights: In Group insights, you will get the following data:
a. New members: Under this, you will be able to find the number of new members added to the group recently. You can view the comparative statistics of what percentage increase or decrease was observed in new members’ request. You can utilize the data to increase or decrease the extent of promotional activities. For example,in the last week, you gained 530 new members and comparatively, this week you gained just 200 new members. You can analyze the activities that have been carried out in the last week. You can increase these activities to increase the new members by keeping track of them. By clicking on the “More Growth Details”link, you can find the past 28 days data and you can explore new areas for improvement.
You can see the growth chart of the members in the group for selected time period.
b. Post engagement: In post engagement section, you can find the number of posts and audience engagement. You can use this data to create an effective post which people would love to read and share or get engaged with.
Top posts give you helpful insights about the posts. This helps you to find the most relevant posts and increase the value of the content within the group.
You can find the number of actions people took and the number of active members in the group. You can retain the non-active members, too by using these insights.
You can find the time that is the best to publish a new post. For example, if you have a higher audience base from the US, then you should know that the best time to post in the group is between1 pm and 3 pm. This is the ideal time when people explore social media, as per the research report.
c. Members: This is the most important section. You should be aware of the value of loyal group members. You should be aware of the top contributors present within the group. That is the way you can encourage them to be more active. You can give them the recognition and reward them for being the top contributors. It can help people remain motivated to be the member of the group.
You can utilize this data to design the post according to the audience interest. Analyze the posts which are gaining good attention. You can use this data to make better posts within the group.
Here, you can find the age-group and gender details too, which will help you design the right content format to get more eyeballs watching your group. For example,in the below image you can see that 69% of the audience are females. So, you should design the content which is preferred by women. It will help you keep your audience involved in the group. As seen in the below image, the higher number of members come from the age-group of 25-34 in this group, so you should write the content which interests this age-group.
2. Membership request filtering: In this section, you can find all the requested information which needs your attention. All the membership requests like “Approved”, “Declined”, or “Blocked” members,can be found here. You can see the pending requests for taking quick and appropriate action.
You can filter your group requests and manage it efficiently in less time. You can take a glance of the member in the profile tab and filter their specifics to match the group interest. It helps you to create a bar on fake profiles. For example, your group is for ladies, but a male wants to join the group. You can filter out these profiles by using this feature.
4. Removed member clean-up: It has been observed in the groups that people spam the timeline by posting promotional stuff. Now, you can simply remove the member and the posts of those members in one go. You can use this feature to remove the bad actors from the group. This feature is very useful to keep your group safe and authentic.
4. Scheduled post: Facebook introduced the scheduled post feature for normal profiles. Now they added this feature into the groups, too. It is an extremely useful feature. Now,according to the audience time zone, group admin can safely schedule the posts according to their convenient time.
5. Group to group linking: Have you ever noticed when you like one Facebook page, you get the list of similar pages? Now, this feature is available for group as well. Now, when you join a group, you will get recommended groups too, this is called group discovery.
These features are most awaited and it will be a great help for the Facebook group admins. It reduced a lot of work by providing useful insights and tools to manage members. The handy filters are the best. This is the era of community and networks where each person is associated with someone. Communities are growing remarkably, making people yearn for more tools to reduce manual tasks. Facebook always thinks about ease of its members by adding various cool features.
Richa Pathak is a product marketing consultant having 5+ years of industry experience. She has contributed more than 25 firms around the world, & advised ahandful of startups to grow. She writes about product marketing, event promotion, digital marketing, social media, content marketing, email marketing, and advertising. You can connect with her on the Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Suscribe to the SEMupdates Blog to get valuable content delivered right to inbox.
Richa founded the SEMupdates blog in 2017 to share latest marketing updates. Richa is the digital marketing consultant, helps clients generate leads. She is contributing guest author in top SEO magazines like Social Media Today, Search Engine People, MarketingProfs and more